Advocare 24 Day Challenge Day 3 Review


It is day three of our 24 Day Challenge, and I am feeling pretty good. I have to say, I am pleasantly surprised that this cleanse has not interrupted my daily lifestyle by confining me to a toilet most of the day. It might be a bit personal, but I have done my fair share of fad diets and cleansing type products and the results are not fun. Being stuck in a stinky bathroom is the worst, especially when you need to be in class- so the normalcy of this cleanse is an incredible perk.



Another big factor is that I feel energized. Most hard core diets and cleanses I've done leave me exhausted and STARVING! With the 24 Day Challenge I get to EAT! And I get to eat more than even I had anticipated. The key is to eat smaller portions spread through the day and what I'm eating has far less calories than what I used to eat. I'm eating way more fruits and vegetables in a day that I used to eat in a week. Who knew that steamed veggies and adding kidney beans to my food would be super delicious!?!? Actually the best part is that it is easy food to take with you in a lunch box and for me, that is a big deal. As a full time college student I'm constantly on the go and away from home. I need easy prepared and stored foods that I can grab out of the fridge and last all day.


My snacks and meals I've been packing include boiled eggs, Greek yogurt, turkey and cheese sandwiches, cucumbers, fresh cut up fruit like strawberries and kiwis, bananas, and the Advocare meal replacement shakes. Of course my daily Spark is included in my water bottle which I am never without these days. Now there are many other foods that I will be prepping and taking to school but it's only day three. The meal replacement shakes make for a tasty snack between my lunch and when I get home for dinner. It gives me energy to go home and cook then to do my mountains of homework.

The cons to this 24 Day Challenge is that you really have to read the directions and follow the schedule. The great part is that they include an easy day by day guide that you can follow and check off. So it all equals out on that aspect. The only thing that I don't care for is the Fiber Drink. It has the consistency of apple sauce, even with being mixed with a large glass of water, and the taste leaves something to be desired. I have a terrible gag reflex, and I have to literally choke down the fiber drink and try not to vomit it back up. Thank goodness I only have to take it for 6 days out of 24! I've found that small sips tend to ease it going down. The cleanse caplets are also large and you take three at bedtime. If you have a difficult time swallowing large pills, you might want to learn to do so or research other options for getting them down.


As far as shopping goes, you are going to be eating a lot of fresh fruits and veggies, so I suggest shopping and prepping for no more than 5 days worth of these. Tupperware will be your best friend and works better at keeping things fresh than Ziploc bags however, you can transfer to Ziploc bags for easier on the go snacks and meals. Large Tupperware is also great for storing rice, potatoes, and trail mix or nuts. I would suggest also investing in a large blender bottle for meal replacement shakes and a good water bottle with a wide mouth that you can shake for your Spark or just get two blender bottles. Advocare has some great blender bottles or you can get some from your local Fred Meyers.


For Spark and Rehydrate, there are great flavors and you can even mix them together. Orange Spark with Mango Pineapple Rehydrate is an amazing and delicious combo. The great thing about both of these products is you can keep adding water to your water bottle when you get about half way down. I refill my water bottle several times through the day and still get the flavor which makes me drink WAY more water than I ever have in my life. I don't even crave soda anymore since I started doing this.
                                

So as it stands on day 3, we're going strong and feeling incredibly motivated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, and I'll be happy to answer. Check back for more updates as we continue our journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Exhausted

Hysterectomy Humor and Blues

Coming Out- It's a Personal Thing