Advocare 24 Day Challenge: Day 8


Alright we are on Day 8 of our 24 Day Challenge. Let me tell you, this has been an amazing week of learning. I was so not mentally ready for this challenge on day 1. I will tell you that right now. However, it was a perfect start to help get me mentally prepared for a lifelong lifestyle change.

Some things that I have discovered about myself include that I have had a very weak disposition when it comes to carbs and sweets. I have to really be on my guard about the little sweets that seem to sneak into my diet like an Oreo cookie, a cupcake, or ice cream. I won't have a lot, but I will pick at sweets and other carbs that are around the house. SO, I cannot have them in the house for a “just in case”. If I need sweets, I need to make a healthy alternative for a treat.

A positive aspect I've learned, I'm great at prepping and packing lunches if I make up my mind to do it. I have spent the last week prepping my lunch the night before and the beginning of the week is now dedicated to shopping, cleaning, chopping, and packing for a week's worth of breakfasts, snacks, and lunches. This has made my life so much easier! It also helps keep me from buying crap on campus that only adds needless sugar and fat to my diet. I've already managed to cut out an average of 1000 calories a day by drinking Spark instead of coffee, sodas, and energy drinks.

Now, we started our challenge at a time when we were both sick and Cheryl had surgery- probably not the best time to start but oh well. This meant that we have not worked out this last week but that will be changing now that she is able to walk, and I am no longer sick. This also shares a relationship with the amount of water I've been drinking. I've been drinking too much water which has flushed my system a bit too much. After talking with our up-line, we have a better idea of what our body needs. For me, being 266 lbs, I need to drink 133 oz of water a day which is almost 4 liters. I was drinking about 5 liters a day. If I had been working out hardcore and sweating that amount would have been fine, but I wasn't. While water is good for us and necessary, too much flushes out the good things we are putting in our bodies. A very important aspect I have learned.


A few other tips:

  • Mix the morning Fiber drink with a bit of orange juice as well as the water. Mix it really well and drink immediately. This helps with the taste and consistency. So this morning = no gag reflex!
  • Blender bottles or magic bullets are the best for mixing meal replacement shakes. DO NOT mix with a spoon in a glass of water. You will hate yourself.

  • All the shakes are delicious and the best I've ever had (and I've had MANY) but the Chocolate Mocha is AMAZING if you need that taste of coffee in the morning. Totally helps curb my coffee craving.

  • Having friends and a partner who are also doing the challenge is a blessing and makes it so much easier. The support and encouragement will keep you motivated and keep you going. Also, trying to be supportive of your partner or friends will help you stay on track.
  • If you slip up, don't quit! Forget about the mistake, keep going, and do better on the next meal- not the next day or next week. Mistakes and slips WILL happen and that's okay. It's all part of the learning process.
  • This is not a quick fix. It does take hard work and dedication but the results are more than what you have ever experienced. This is not a diet- this is training for a lifestyle change. Don't resist the learning curve and the changing- let it change you.

  • Research! You will find some amazing stories, recipes, blogs, and tips. Incredible Motivation!


Visit our site for product info:

https://www.advocare.com/130844229













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hysterectomy Humor and Blues

I Am Exhausted

Coming Out- It's a Personal Thing