Work Day Blues

Alarm beeps the most annoying sounds your ear could possibly hear. You get up; shower, maybe; toss something in your mouth that somewhat resembles breakfast; then drag yourself out the door to head towards the office. Exhausted and sluggish you go straight for the coffee pot to find that there is no cream, milk, or sugar… and so the day begins.
Awful isn’t it? Our routine lives focused around work and our jealous alarm clock ruining our perfect relationship with our bed and soft pillows. The whole day at work we mosey along pretending to be alive and functioning at our desk. If you are lucky enough to enjoy your job, more power to you. I envy you. For the rest of us stuck in boring office jobs, we manage to get through the days by being zombie-like creatures depending on the elixir of coffee and energy drinks to keep us going.
We push through our exhaustion and boring routine of our job and browse the internet, text or tweet on our phone, and try to get away with doing our own thing so we don’t completely fall over and crash before noon. Currently, I am trying to avoid falling out of my chair from how exhausted I am. I get to blame my medical issues- though on the other hand, it also means this exhaustion won’t go away for a good long while and will probably end up as part of some sappy country song because everyone has that one friend who wants to be a country singer. I have several…
While I can’t complain too much about my actual job, I am complaining about the torturous early mornings and the boring tasks that stare me in the face every morning. Boring never helps with the sleepiness and exhaustion.
For example: I just fell asleep at my desk and jerked awake like I often do. I forgot what my point was but I’ll just say I hate mornings and sitting still at a desk for hours on end doing boring routines. To everyone with a desk job, here’s to you for making it through the day.

*Where’s my coffee*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hysterectomy Humor and Blues

I Am Exhausted

Coming Out- It's a Personal Thing